As you are aware, the Constitution of SCOUTS South Africa stipulates that registered Scout Groups that have signed a SPA can elect two people onto the Scout Board.
Nomination criteria to serve on the governing Board of SCOUTS South Africa
The Constitution of SCOUTS South Africa sets out the role and eligibility criteria for members of the Governing Board in article V sections 1 & 3.
In addition to these stipulations the Board requires that the persons nominated must meet the following criteria:
- Be respected and recognised senior professionals in their respective fields.
- Have experience at a senior level in any one or more of the following fields: Business, Information Technology, Law, Accounting, HR Management, Education or any senior leadership role.
- Be prepared to actively participate in raising the financial resources required to ensure the adequate administration of the organisation.
- Be willing to commit the time required to attend all the meetings and to perform all functions that this senior position requires.
- Be prepared to undergo an orientation programme.
- Accept to be a public advocate for the organisation.
Election process is as followed:
- Call for nominations. The SSA Scout Group Nomination form can be found HERE.
- Nominations close 19 January 2019 23:59. DATE EXTENDED
Send your nominations to firstname.lastname@example.org. Subject: ”SG Scout Board”
- All registered Scout Groups that have signed a SPA by 30 November 2019 23:59 are eligible to nominate.
- List of nominations will be emailed on 24 January 2020 to all registered Scout Groups.
- Postal/email votes close 23 February 2020 23:59.
Send your votes to email@example.com. Subject: ”SG Scout Board”
- All registered Scout Groups with signed SPAs by 23 January 2020 23:59 are eligible to vote.
Chief Executive Officer
SCOUTS South Africa